The Philippine-American Academy of Science and Engineering
Click on the following to download the Official Membership Nomination Form (revised June 2020)
Click on the following to download the Guidelines for Nomination of Full or Associate Members
Please submit your nominations to email@example.com
Deadline for submission of completed nomination and nominee's CV is August 31, 2020.
Please note the following requirement: For any individual, including a current PAASE associate member, an oral presentation at APAMS or APAMS-related meeting is a requirement to be elected to Full PAASE membership. Thus, an individual's nomination to Full PAASE membership may not be considered complete and will be put on hold until the individual's mandatory delivery of a presentation at APAMS or APAMS-related meeting is completed.
For questions, please email Marjorette Peña, PhD, Chair, Membership Committee, at firstname.lastname@example.org
While we recognize extraordinary individuals in the fight against Covid-19 pandemic, we also want to continue recognizing extraordinary members of PAASE who continue to find solutions to all our society's problems.
Since 2000, a total of 30 recipients have received this prestigious PAASE Awards which recognize outstanding scientific work by PAASE members in their field of disciplines. As per tradition, the recipients deliver their lectures at the 40th Annual PAASE Meeting and Symposium (APAMS2020). To read more on the background of the award lectureships, please visit this link: http://paase.org/the-severino-and-paz-koh-lectureship-awards.html
The following essential documents need to be submitted:
1. Formal letter of nomination (with description of nominee's career highlights)
2. Accomplished nomination form
3. Comprehensive CV of nominee
Please email your nominations on or before June 15, 2020 to the Chair of the Awards Committee with copies furnished to Committee Members, as follows:
Alvin Culaba, Chair (email@example.com)
Diana Aga, Member (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Sevilla Detera-Wadleigh, Member (email@example.com)
1. Visit www.paase.org.
2. Click the “Register now!” button. Read the registration guidelines, then fill out the online registration form at http://bit.ly/2Sfpkob.
3. Wait for your acceptance confirmation before paying the registration fee.
4. Send the scanned copy of machine-validated deposit slip to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Early Registration PHP3000/USD57.00
Regular Registration PHP3500/USD66.00
Walk-in Registration PHP4000/USD75.00
Same rate for all PAASE members (local, foreign-based), non- PAASE members, students, attendees from gov’t, NGOs & industry.
Student fellowships will be awarded for high-quality abstracts. Rapid-fire poster competitions will be held
Dates to Remember:
May 15, 2020 Deadline of Abstract Submission
May 31, 2020 Acceptance of Abstracts
June 10, 2020 Last Day of Early Registration
June 25, 2020 Last Day of Regular Registration
• SPECIAL SESSIONS FOR TALKS BY NEW PAASE MEMBERS.
• RECOGNITION OF NEW PAASE MEMBERS BANQUET DAY 1.
• PAASE BUSINESS MEETING LUNCH DAY 2.
• JOIN BREAKOUT DISCUSSION SESSIONS ON S&T OUTREACH!
40th APAMS features…
• DISTINGUISHED SPEAKERS IN SCIENCE, ENGINEERING & TECHNOLOGY
• SEVERINO & PAZ KOH AWARD LECTURES
• PAASE VANGUARD AWARDS & LECTURES
• SUCCESS STORIES ON SCIENCE EDUCATION, R&D AND S&T-BASED COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT AND ECOTOURISM BY NGOs AND SMSEs.
• BALIK-KA-SA-BAYAN-MO! TAYO NA! weeklong tours to the regions after 40th APAMS (July 12-19, July 19-26)